Saturday 1 May 2021

 

  WillofGeorgeDeane,HardwaremanofFishtreetHill,CityofLondon15Jan1796WC.pdf
  Catalog Ref. Prob 11/1270. 15.1.1796 George DEANE [ID 113]
  In the name of God Amen. I George DEANE of Fish Street Hill, London bondsman?
being of sound & disposing mind memory & understanding, do make publish & 
declare this my last will & testament in manner or following, that is to say, 
I give & bequeath unto my dear wife Mary DEANE [ID 354 of wells.html], my 
brother in law Edward WELLS of Wallingford  [ID 353 of wells.html] in the 
county of Berks & my friend Ham?? Parter? of Wallingford in the county of Berks
 Although the executors & advisers the sum of 8000P of lawful money of Great 
Britain to be paid to them as soon as conveniently? may after my decease & to 
be reinvested the public starts?? or funds or upon gov.. x at interest in their
x & to & from time to time altered & varied as reason may require upon & 
subject in worthxx [page 2] to the trusts & to & for the executors? & purposes 
hereinafter expressed & declared of & conferring the same (that is to say) upon
trust to pay to or x authorize & impower my dear wife Mary DEANE & her assigns 
to x & taie to the x dividends or proceeds of the said sum of 8000P or the 
stoxx funds & servitors or upon which the same shall be invested during her 
life to & for her own sole & separate use & benefit & in case my said wife Mary
DEANE shall after my decease continue solo & unmarried during the remainder of 
her life, then as to and concerning the sum of 4000P (part of the said sum of 
8000P upon trust or the survivors or survivor of them his executors or admin's 
shall & do upon or after the decease of my said wife, pay transfer or assign 
the said sum of 4000P unto such person & persons & for such interest & purposes
& in such manner & form as she the said Mary DEANE shall by her last will & 
testament in writing or any codicil thereto to be by her signed & published in 
the process? of & affected by  2 or more credible witnesses to direct or 
appoint,
 but in case the said Mary DEANE shall marry again after my decease then I do 
hereby direct that she shall have the liberty only to dispose of the sum of 
2000P (instead of the sum of 4000P) by her last will & testament or writing in 
nature thereof to be executed & attested in manner aforesaid
  & as to the residue of the said sum of 8000P or the shares funds & securities
wherein the same shall be invested after the decease of my said wife & after 
deducting thereout such sums as shall be disposed of under the trusts 
aforesaid, they the said trustees shall & do stand possessed thereof in trust 
for all & every such of my children John Wells DEANE [ID 1131], George DEANE 
[ID 1132], Edward DEANE [ID 1134], Thomas DEANE [ID 1135], Sophia DEANE 
[ID 1136], & Mary Ann DEANE [ID 1137] as being sons have attained or shall 
attain the age of 21 & being daughters shall attain the age of 21 or be married
which shall 1st happen,
  & in case there shall be only 1 of such children living at my decease who 
being a son hath or shall attain the age of 21, or being a daughter shall 
attain that age or be married,
  then on trust for such only child his or her executors or admin's but in case
there shall be no such child living at my decease who being a son hath or shall
attain the age of 21, or being a daughter shall attain that age or be [page 3] 
married, then in trust to stand possessed for such person or persons,
shall be then x to the residue of my personal estate & upon further trust in 
the mean time from & after the decease of my said wife Mary DEANE, to pay & 
apply all or any part of the x interest, dividend or proceeds of the expectant 
& apparent share of every such child & in the said residue of the said sum of 
8000P  for & towards his or her maintenance & education or otherwise for his or
her benefit until such his or her share shall borrow bested or x or she shall 
die 
  & I do hereby give unto care of my said sons John Wells DEANE, George DEANE, 
Edward DEANE & Thomas DEANE, that sum of 2000P of lawful money of Great 
Britain, x to be paid to such of them as may be of age at my decease as soon as
conveniently afterwards,
 & to such of them that shall be under age upon or shall attain their 
respective ages of 21, subject nevertheless subject to the conditions 
hereinafter contained with respect to my several stores in trade
  & I do hereby give & bequeath unto each of my daughters Sophia DEANE & Mary 
Ann DEANE the life sum of 2000P of lawful money of Great Britain apiece, to be
paid to them respectively in manner following (that is to say) 1000P thereof to
be paid to each of them at their respective ages of 21 or days of marriage & 
the further or remaining sum of 1000P apiece to be paid to them respectively 
within 3 months after the decease of my said dear wife Mary DEANE & the latter 
not to carry interest before that time
  & I direct that the interest of the said last mentioned legacies given to my 
said 6 children or such of them as shall be under age, shall be applied during 
their respective minorities for & towards their respective maintenance & 
duration or otherwise for their benefit 
  & I do hereby give & bequeath all that my leasehold, messuage or tenament in 
common allow? portham? in the county of sury & all my estate term & interest 
therein unto my said wife Mary DEANE & her assigns for & during so many years 
of the term to round? therein as she shall live, & after her decease 
  I give & bequeath the same unto the said Edward WELLS & James PARKER [sp of 
ID 355 of wells.html] their executors admons & assigns in trust to sell & 
dispose of the same by public sale or private contract in such manner as they 
shall think proper,
 & receipt or receipts of them or the survivor of them his executors or admins 
shall be sufficient discharge to the purchaser or purchasers thereof 
  & I direct my said [page 4] trustees to stand possessed of the monies to 
arise by such sale or sales in trust for my said 6 children in like manner & to
be vested in.. them respectively at such ages days & time with such power of 
applying the intrest thereof for their maintenance & condition of survivorship 
as is or are herein before by me directed concerning the residue of the same 
sum of 8000P in manner aforesaid
  & I do hereby give & bequeath all my household goods, furniture, plate, x & x
whatsoever in upon or belonging to the said last mentioned leasehold messuage 
or tenement & premises at the time of my decease, unto my said wife Mary DEANE,
her executors & assigns to & for her or their own use or benefit absolutely
  & I do hereby give & devise all that my freehold mo..age or tenament being 
No 42 Fish Street Hill, London, unto my said wife mary DEANE & her assigns 
during her life & after her decease
  I give & devise the same unto & to the use of my said 6 children above named,
their heirs & assigns forever 
  also I do hereby direct that my start? & effects in trade carried on at the 
moeage? or renements? at 41 Fish Street Hill aforesaid, may be fairly valued & 
appraised that my said 2 sons John Wells dEANE & George DEANE to whom I give 
the future benefit of the said trade, may take the same stock & efforts equally
between them, share & share alike, at such appriasement or valuation so to be 
made thereof by 2 persons of the same trade, to be nominated by my executrix & 
executors herein after named,
  & I do x that such stock & effects in trade as the same shall appear by such 
x appriasement shall (if equal to) go in satisfaction of the said legacies of 
2000P herein before given to my 2 last named sons respectively 
 & if not equal to such legacies, then as a satisfaction of so much of 2 
legacies respectively as the same will extend unto,
 but if the same shall exceed such 2 legacies, then the overplus thereof shall 
belong to & be considered as part of the residue of my personal estate 
  also I give & bequeath unto my said oldest son John Wells DEANE, all my 
household goods, plate, linen & china at in or upon my said dwelling house No 
41 Fish Street Hill aforesaid & for his own benefit absolutely
  & I do herein direct that my trade carrie on at No 39 Fish Street Hill 
aforesaid, shall be continued & carried on by my nephew George Gines STIBBS 
[ID 1111 b 1768] if he shall think proper on trust & for the benefit of my son 
Edward DEANE until he attain 21, such trade to be carried on in the name or 
firm [page 5] of George DEANE
  & after my said son Edward DEANE shall attain 21, I give the said trade & the
stock & effects thereof to him absolutely
  & I do direct that the said George GINES STIBBS shall be allowed the salary 
or allowance of 100P a year by half yearly payments out of the said trade for 
his own benefit during the minority of my said son in case x shall so carry on 
the said trade,
  but if the said George GINES STIBBS shall marry during the minority of my 
said son, then 
  I direct that he may be allowed the additional yearly sum of 50P making 
together the yearly sum of 150P from thenceforth during such minority of my 
said son Edward 
  & I do hereby direct that the said Edward DEANE shall continue to be employed
in the said trade or business at No. 41, & that he may be boarded by & with his
said brothers John Wells DEANE & George DEANE, & that he shall be allowed out 
of the said trade at No 39 during his minority t, the yearly sum of 50P for 
cloaths & pocket money
  & as to the residue of the profits of my said last mentioned trade, after 
such payments as aforesaid & other outgoings, it is my will & I do hereby 
direct that the same shall be laid out & accumulate for the benefit of him my 
said son Edward & be transferred to him when he comes of age
  & I do hereby direct that the said stock & effects in trade at No 39 Fish 
Street Hill, shall be valued & appraised at my decease in manner herein before 
directed, ranterming? the  x & effects of my trade in No 41 Fish Street Hill & 
that the same shall be a satisfaction for the whole or a part of the said 
legacy of 2000P herein before given to my said son Edard DEANE, & if more than 
2000P, that he shall answer for the overplus thereof in like manner as I have 
herein before directed concerning my said stock in trade at No 41 Fish Stree 
Hill aforesaid
  & I do hereby will & direct that my trustees & executors shall & do x out of 
residuary estate endeavor to renew the lease after said messuage No 39 Fish 
Street Hill aforesaid upon the most eligible terms in trust for my said son 
Edward when he comes of age & in case of his decease under age, the same to 
suit unto my residuary estate
  & I give to the said John Wells DEANE the further legacy or sum of 500P of 
lawful money of Great Britain & to the said George GINES STIBBS the life legacy
or sum of 500P of lawful money of Great Britain
  & I also give & bequeath unto my brother [page 6] Thomas DEANE of Moorfields,
London the sum of 50P of lawful money of Great Britain, & to my sister 
Ann DEANE [ID 114 b c1747] of Camberwell, Surry, spinster, the life sum of 50P 
of lawful money,
  & I also give & bequeath unto my brother in law Christopher STIBBS [b 1738 sp
of ID 111] of Washfield?, Gloucester, the sum of 20P of money, & unto the said 
Edward WELLS the sum of 50P of life money, & to the said James PARKER the life 
legacy of 50P & all the root the residue & remains of my real personal estates 
& effects whatsoever & wheresoever & of what nature or kind soever 
  I give & devise & bequeath the same unto the said Mary DEANE, Edward WELLS & 
James PARKER their executors, admons & assigns, upon the truts x thereoss? & to
& for the interests & purposes hereinafter mentioned & expressed of & rerming? 
the same (that is to say) upon trust to sell & dispose of the saleable parts of
the said residue of my estate & effects (which may not be already so invested 
in their own names in the public started? or funds or upon government or real 
securities at interest & shall & do stand possessed of & interested? in all & 
singular my said residuary estate or the said effects, funds & securities in or
upon which the same or the monies to arise therefrom, shall from time to time 
be vested upon trust to pay the yearly income, x, dividend routs & other 
produce & promise thereof unto my said wife Mary DEANE & her assigns for & 
during her life & after her decease then upon trust to pay assign transfer & 
convey the same residuary estate shares? funds securities & promises unto & 
between my said 6 children John Wells DEANE, George DEANE, Edward DEANE, Thomas
DEANE, Sophia DEANE, & Mary Ann DEANE or owing? them & at such ages days & 
times & in such & the same manner in all respects & with such power & direction
to apply the proceeds thereof for their maintenance as I have herein before 
directed & declared of & continuing the residue of the aforesaid 1st mentioned 
legacy or sum of 8000P after the decease of my said wife or as near thereto as 
circumstances will admit 
  & I do hereby nominate constitute & appoint my said wife Mary DEANE & the 
said Edward WELLS & James PARKER executrix & executors of this my last will & 
testament provided always 
  & I do hereby declare that it shall & may be lawful to & for my said trustees
& executors & they are hereby authorized & directed provided they approve 
[page 7] thereof or upon examining the books of trade herein after mentioned, 
they see no objection thereto whom & as thereunto requested by my 2 eldest sons
John? Wells DEANE & George DEANE or either of them to loan? & advance any sum 
or sums of money not exceeding 2000P sterling by & out & as part of the 
aforesaid 1st mentioned legacy or sum of 8000P unto my said 2 eldest sons for 
the better enabling them to carry on the aforesaid trade or business at 22? 
Fish Street Hill aforesaid they my said 2 sons giving their bond or offer or 
security for the repayment thereof with lawful interest at the rate of 2% pa to
my said trustees & executors in such manner as they, my said trustees & 
executors, shall think reasonable & proper, provided also
  & I do hereby authorize my said trustees & executors in such manner as they 
my said trustees shall think proper, in like manner to lend & advance 500P out 
of the aforesaid legacy of 8000P, for the carrying on the aforesaid trade or 
business at 22 Fish Street Hill aforesaid, anything to the contrary 
notwithstanding provided x
  & I do hereby declare that the aforesaid trustees & executors, & both & every
of them their & each of their heirs executors admons & assigns shall be charged
& chargeable only for so much money as he & they resp'y shall actually derive 
by virtue of the trusts aforesaid & that any one or more of them shall not be 
answerable or accountable for the other or others of them or for the x receipts
neglects? or defaults of the other or others of them, but each only for his or 
her own arts? receipts or defaults resp'y, nor shall he she or they or any of 
them be answerable or accountable for any banker, broker, goldsmith or other 
person in whose hands any part of the said trust monies shall be placed or 
lodged for safe custody during the trusts afor'd nor for the insufficiency of 
any security or securities, nor upon which any of the aforesaid trust monies or
any part thereof shall or may be p..ed out or invested as aforesaid nor for any
misfortunes or damage which may happen in execution of any of their aforesaid 
trusts or x thereto except? the same shall happen by thru their own wilful 
neglects? or defaults resp'y & also that the said several trustees executors & 
each & every of their heirs executors admons & assigns shall & may by & out of 
the monies which shall come to their respective hands by virtue of the trusts 
aforesaid, retain to & reimburse himself [page 8] herself & themselves & also 
allow to his & their co trustee & co trustees & co executors, all loss costs 
savings & expenses which he or they or any of them shall or may resp'ysuffer 
sustain expend disburse at or put into or weild? shall or may be to him them or
any of them occasioned for or on account or by reason & monies of the trusts 
hereby in them reposed? or otherwise howsoever relating these to
  & I so hereby revoke all former & other wills by me at any time heretofore 
made & do declare this only to be my last will & testament surviving, whereof
  I the said George DEANE the testator, have to the 7 1st sheets of this my 
last will & testament, set my hand & have als affixed my seal this 8th December
1795.
  George DEANE signed sealed published & declared by the said George DEANE the 
testator, as & for his last will & testament, in the presences of us who at his
request have subscribed our names as witnesses hereto in his presence & in the 
presence of each other, the word "James" in the name of James PARKER being 1st 
wrote on an erasure throughout.
 Wm BAGSTER apothecary Tower Street
 Wm PEARCE Swithink? Lane, London
 Keriah LORD.

This will was proved in London 15 Jan. 1796 before the worshipful John FISHER, 
Doctor of Laws, surrogate to the Rt Hon Sir William WYNE? knight, also
Doctor of Laws, Master Dopor? or componay? of the PCC lawfully constituted by 
the oaths of Mary deANE widow the relict of the late Edward WELLS & James 
PARKER the executors named in the said will to whom admin'n was granted of all 
& singular the goods chattels & credits of the said deceased having been 1st 
sworn duly to administer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

KING CHARLES 3RD Gilly Wood 28 September 2022 at 23:26 To: gillyhistory H.R.H King Charles 3rd & Gilly are 13th Cousins Once Removed. ...