Sunday 11 October 2020

GILLY WOOD

 My involvement in Genealogical Research began with encouragement and assistance from my older brother, a Professional Genealogist in London. I was born in 1947 in Sussex, England. The family moved to Austria in 1950 to join my father who was there commanding troops. In Austria we lived first in Millstatt, Spittal, and later moved to Vienna, after which we returned to Sussex, England before moving to Claygate in Surrey. We travelled to New Zealand on the RMS Rangitoto and I was married in New Zealand. In 1992, When Hong Kong was leased to Britain, Kathy and I travelled there to stay with my brother, Dick and his wife who lived on the Island in Stanley Bay. They joined us as we travelled from Hong Kong to Thailand, first to Pattaya, then to Bangkok after which Kathy and I journeyed on to England. In 2004 I bought a house in Lancashire. In 2009 I bought a Static Caravan at Riverside Caravan Centre in Bognor Regis, Sussex. After a few other visits to England to see my brother Michael I returned to New Zealand and settled in Kerikeri, Northland.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

KING CHARLES 3RD Gilly Wood 28 September 2022 at 23:26 To: gillyhistory H.R.H King Charles 3rd & Gilly are 13th Cousins Once Removed. ...